I’ve recently started using Mint to track visitors of my site. After installation I was a bit disappointed with the available themes. There are a few good ones — Shaun Inman’s own creations being the best — in my opinion, but most seem a bit outdated or not very thought through. More obviously these themes are showing their age particularly on devices with retina resolution displays.
So, I took my knowledge of CSS and went to work. Here’s the result:
Spearmint for desktop displays
Beautiful Graphs for Retina displays
An uncluttered readable mobile layout
- A clean, legible, and beautiful interface.
- A custom styled preference page.
- When used in conjunction with the iPhone Pepper you get a beautiful single column view.
- Buttons, images, and graphs have all been optimized to look great on Retina resolution devices and traditional displays.
If you’re interested, I wrote an article describing some geekier design features and decisions.
Download Spearmint 1.03
Version 1.03 ( 2013/02/08 ) – latest
- Removed line breaks that occurred in some url strings.
- Support for Shaun Inman’s Secret Crush Pepper.
- iPhone layout fills the screen properly preventing horizontal scrolling.
- The drop-down navigation now scrolls to show the title of the Pepper.
- Fixed the displacement that plagued the header after orientation changes.
- Many other minor fixes and tweaks.
- Also included is a retina ready replacement image for icon-search.png. Details are included.
Version 1.02 ( 2012/12/05 )
- Fixed style of the Updates Available button.
- Fixed hover colour of last/only active item in list.
- Fixed filter/table header positioning when fixed pane height is enabled Please delete old spearmint folder, there was a space in the old folder name so simply uploading to your server will not overwrite previous version.
- Initial bug fixes.
- Included a space in the directory name that caused some issues.
If you’re not familiar with the installations of themes there are instructions included in the download.
For more information about Mint and its Peppers visit haveamint.com.